Latest Posts

Categories

Archives

the thundercloud subs radio jingle

the thundercloud subs radio jingleFellow Austinites who tune into 101X have probably heard the annoying jingle that Thundercloud Subs is currently playing. I would have to say that it is currently tied with the Reid’s Cleaners jingle that is currently playing on television but loses severely to the local Gatti’s commercial (“Dial 4 5 9 22 22 and get a Mr. Gatti’s pizza delivered…real cheese… real h0tt…”). Thundercloud’s previous jingle was mostly tolerable at least.

Thundercloud Subs
2009 Radio Jingle

Recorded from 101.5 KROX FM on 2009-03-27 at 0748 with a Mambo Clamp.

***
*****
_____________~* BONUS *~_____________

the thundercloud subs radio jingle For those of you who have never heard this and have been told to listen but may lack Flash support on your browser (or just want your own copy) can click the MP3 icon to download it to your computer.

_____~*~_____
*****
***

***
*****
_____________~* DOUBLE BONUS *~_____________

Thundercloud Subs Radio Jingle lyrics

When I’m really hungry and I want something good,

I go to the Thundercloud in my neighborhood.

The sandwich makers are friends of mine ’cause I’m in there all the time.

When my stomach starts to grumble, you can bet I happily stumble into Thundercloud Subs!

For a hometown vibe with delicious grub…

Thundercloud Subs!

It’s a tasty place that everybody loves.

Armadillo lady on a date with a stallion,

She’s a Veggie Delight and he’s a New York Italian.

You gotta eat. You know it’s true.

While you’re in the neighborhood, here’s what you do…

You go to Thundercloud Subs!

(roast beef avocado)

Thundercloud Subs!

_____~*~_____
*****
***

It was drilled into my brain for a couple days, but I have yet to succumb to its temptation by getting one of their delicious NY Italians. We’ll see.

Please share your thoughts and/or opinions to the rest of the world about what you think of this jingle, since you’ve stumbled across this page almost by accident. I’m sure you’d like to be heard, and everyone will read what you wrote and might have the courage to comment, too.

Comments

Comment from Chen
Time: 26 April 2009, 17:11

Same here, I like the jingle. lyrics never leaves my mind… ” When I’m really hungry and I want something good,
I go to the Thundercloud in my neighborhood. “

Comment from Cristy
Time: 17 January 2010, 10:33

Love this song. Its so funny! :)

Comment from Melissa
Time: 3 February 2010, 20:18

I despise this jingle. it is annoying, and makes me glad ive never eaten at thundercloud subs.

Pingback from Yum! New Eateries in Downtown Austin: Thundercloud Subs, El Naranjo, and Nacho Creations! « Downtown Austin
Time: 20 March 2010, 11:49

[…] Subs is more than a catchy jingle (btw, I’m a Veggie Delight and Jude is a New York Italian), they are “your neighborhood […]

Comment from cory
Time: 26 January 2011, 8:48

hate it
i change the channel
cant stand the thing
i picture an old hippie lady whose trying way too hard on stage at a dive on tuesday night
worst ever
no sub for me

Comment from Deebo
Time: 3 March 2011, 1:52

Recently moved to Austin. This jingle has shot to the top of the pile in the horrible jingle department. I hate it with a passion, the only thing “funny” about this its picturing the lame singing this shit in the booth. Awww hate hate hate hate!

Comment from RaulJones
Time: 11 April 2011, 16:42

meh. I can live without it, and the subs.

Comment from Bubba_fett
Time: 26 April 2011, 12:52

Hate, hate, hate it! It sounds like some twit found a rhyming dictionary and crapped this out in about 5 minutes. Ideally, it should rock a lot harder and be less folky. This sounds like a bad caricature hallucination of everything that is wrong with KGSR and hippies, and makes me a little ashamed for Austin when visitors to our city hear this tripe.

Comment from el rov
Time: 6 May 2011, 14:28

THERE YOU GO live music capital of the world.

tribute bands, cover bands, SRV wannabees, hipsters, and crappy jingles. (EXPLORE USA RV on kvet is equally disgusting)

Comment from Julie
Time: 14 June 2011, 14:23

Who the heck is the Armadillo Lady?

Comment from Julie
Time: 14 June 2011, 14:23

Or … what is an armadillo lady?

Comment from Tits Williamson
Time: 12 October 2011, 14:40

I will never go to Thundercloud Subs because of these commercials. Good job, guys!

Comment from JBN
Time: 30 December 2011, 21:35

It’s a good song, by jingle standards. Very catchy. All the hate-filled comments… just blows my mind. Not that someone may not like it, but… that people go online, look for things they hate, and then type about it. If you have to spend your time spilling your opinion online, please go find something you like.

Comment from Luciano
Time: 4 April 2012, 13:42

This shit sticks in your head!!!! take it out!!!

Pingback from Top 5 of the Day! « the unremarkable life of brian
Time: 28 January 2013, 22:07

[…] * Bonus! I found the radio jingle that was stuck in my head for about 2 years! You can listen to it here: http://modernsoapbox.com/2009/03/28/thundercloud-subs-radio-jingle/ […]

Write a comment