On Sunday, I finished building Mare’s new desktop computer, Xylene.
- The case is an Antec Solo which has a beautiful finish called Piano Black.
- The processor is a little old school but a decent Athlon XP 2800+ on an Abit mobo.
- A fresh pair of 512MB sticks are loaded Dual Channel style to make a gig of memory running optimal.
- A 250MB Serial ATA hard drive is partitioned into three pieces: the main drive, Mare’s drive and a network drive.
- The optical drive is a Sony DVD writer that works great and came with a black faceplate to change out the default white one to match the case.
- The monitor is a sweet 19-inch widescreen LCD flat panel to drool over.
- Optical mouse, black keyboard, blue LEDs on the case with a silver bezel.
Xylene is awesome. I really enjoyed building it. I did have a bit of trouble getting the DVD writer in the case which Mare figured out. Other than that, everything went smooth and her machine is an elegant monster.
A great party with free booze or even a fun night downtown with drink specials at every other bar is difficult to pass up if you want to feel like somebody in the world. Socialites might find themselves in the morning suffering the effects of a long night of heavy drinking. Multiple hangover cures have been conjured up over time which may actually work.