Homemade Luther Burgers
Recipe makes 4 servings.
- 1½ pounds of Ground Chuck
- 4 slices of Bacon
- 4 slices of Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Glazed Donuts
- Kosher salt, fresh ground Black Pepper, HBDlux
Friday’s Oven Method
(more convenient than grilling)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Form ground chuck into 4 patties. Season to taste.
- Place patties on a grill with baking sheet underneath. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until Medium Well Done to Well Done.
- Slice bacon in half. Set the slices evenly apart on a microwave-safe plate on a couple paper towels. Cover them with another paper towel. Microwave bacon on High for about 4½ minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Slice the donuts and toast them during last 10 minutes of cooking the patties.
- Melt cheddar on burgers in oven. Keep an eye on the cheese and remove from them from the oven before the cheese oozes onto the baking sheet.
- The sugary side goes toward the patty. The inside of the donut should be on the outside.
- Serve with a side of potato chips or French fries. Enjoy the itis afterward.