I finally finished up the tweaks to the design of this site over the weekend and rolled it out tonight. This theme is named Suds and is a heavily modified version of the previous theme. I hope it’s as pleasing to your eyes as it is mine.
I’m finishing up everything I’ve planned lately one thing at a time and hope that my next project is completed soon. We’ll see.
Life has been perpetual, but as I’ve probably mentioned a dozen times before in other posts, I like it that way. Austin has finally seen a decent amount of rain these past few days, and hopefully it’ll start cooling off so I can function more. Good riddance to this summer.
Mare has returned with a free pizza, so we’ll probably watch another movie and enjoy the delicious pie. That’ll be pizza twice today, but that’s all good with me. Peace out.
[ [ [ Countdown to 3hirty Posts in April: ONE! ] ] ]
The challenge has been conquered. With a less than two hours left in the day, I am writing the thirtieth post for April.
I’m gonna try to keep this short, and I’m sure I will since I didn’t post too long ago. This month went by fast as expected.
I’m gonna wrap April up with a small list of this month’s highlights from my perspective:
- K$ made the Pluckers Wall of Flame.
- I purchased and received enough comics to probably last me ’til 2009. (But I ain’t stoppin’!)
- I turned 26.
- My sister gave me a Buddy Christ bobblehead.
- My brother put together an excellent BBQ birthday party extravaganza equipped with burgers, bratwurst, and keg.
- Two words: ROCK BAND.
- The third and fourth volumes of Thrice’s The Alchemy Index was released.
- Sleepercar’s debut album, West Texas, was released.
- Alkaline Trio released their Agony and Irony EP with a catchy single, Help Me.
- I told Pluckers about how awful one of their waiters was by filling out one of their comment cards, and they apologized by sending me a $25 gift card.
- Uncle Sam gave me some of my hard-earned dollars back plus approved me for one of his bonus checks.
- Two ‘Zas of the Week.
- I was excused from jury duty and had a fantastic half-day off.
- I saw these great bands in no particular order: Thrice, Dynamite Boy, Cruiserweight.
- I experienced why I do not like performance art.
- Two words: ROCK BAND. (listed twice intentionally ’cause it r0xx that hard!)
- Rivers Cuomo stole the main riff from Portside Scout’s R2D2 song to use in his single, Pork and Beans.
- Working where I work wasn’t so bad for the 21st month in a row.
- I purchased a new machine, c0rey foldman, whose creation is strictly intended to contributing to the [email protected] project.
- I spent way too much time in the MoSo WP CMS by challenging myself to write thirty posts this month and successfully pulled it off like the über g33k that I am.
This is the most posts in one month on Modern Soapbox which matched last June. Maybe I’ll go for 31 in July. I’ll be taking it easy from this next month to concentrate on my other projects that matter more, but I won’t abandon y’all. I promise. Peace out.
[ [ [ ZERO! ] ] ]
Not too much is going on lately. Time just keeps ticking away.
My copy of X-Force #1 with the variant cover came in. I won it off eBay, and it made a journey all the way from Canada. I think I’ve gotten my variant cover fix for the time being, since I’ve managed to score this one and the Cable #1 variant.
I completed my copies of Aeon Flux: The Complete Animated Collection today. The discs arrived in the mail. I had a copy of the second disc for the longest time but never got around to getting the other two. I am very much a fan of that ’90s cartoon.
I fixed the visual mode in WP last night. I am very content. I learned the importance of deactivating all of the plugins before installing WP. Now I can resume the comfort of writing these posts with the visual editor versus the HTML editor. I use both, but I use the visual editor much more. I know the blog elitists don’t use it as much, but I really enjoy the comfort. For example, Ctrl+B turns things bold. Instead of having to code in the or highlighting the text and hitting the bold-formatting icon, I can hit Ctrl+B. Shortcuts are shortcuts for a reason.
Dammit. OK, I just saved, and all the formatting was lost. What a headache. Oh well… I thought I had it fixed but I guess not. I hope when the official release of 2.5 is out that this problem will go away.
So back to life. Life is good. Work is work. Mare and I will be enjoying a pork tenderloin seasoned with a roasted garlic & herb mix and brushed with organic barbecue sauce. We had the same thing last week, and it was so good that we consumed the whole thing. On the side will be some yummy mashed potatoes.
One of the main components at work wasn’t functioning correctly which definitely affected my efficiency. I really don’t like the feeling when something’s not working right (like the visual editor in WP), and it keeps me from doing my job as quickly as possible. Seriously though, it’s 2008. Most of the industries in the country are driven by computers these days.
This rant’s over. I’ve gotta get dinner going. I know it’s late, but Mare picked up a shift at work is won’t be back ’til almost eleven. It’s cool though. Peace out.